God gave Adam dominion over the earth. Adam gave that authority to the devil through sin. Jesus won that authority back through salvation, and now we have that authority in His Name.
Jesus taught us to prayer the Father “Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven”
We establish the kingdom of God and destroy the works of the devil in Jesus’ Name.
The promised land was not a type and shadow of heaven; it was a type and shadow of Christ’s dominion in the earth through the church, which is His Body. There are no giants or wicked nations in heaven, but there are in the earth.
- Ps 2:8 – ask Me (the Father) and I will give you the nations for Your (Christ’s) inheritance. You shall break them with a rod of iron. You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s ware
- Eph 3:10 – (His purpose) is that through the church the wisdom (the wisdom of redemption) of God may be manifest to the rulers and powers in heavenly places
- Eph 6:12 – for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers, rulers of the darkness of this world, against wicked spirits in heavenly places
The last enemy is death, and death will be subdued at the Resurrection
1 Cor 15:24-25 – After that (the Resurrection) comes the end (the completion), when He delivers over the kingdom to God the Father after rendering inoperative and abolishing every (other) rule and every authority and power. For (Christ) must be King and reign until He has put all (His) enemies under His feet.
- Before the Resurrection, Christ must rule as King until He has subdued every power and authority that is in opposition to Him
- The last enemy is death, who will be subdued at the Resurrection
Rev 11:15 – …the kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of the Lord and of His Christ